Step 1 : Download the Data
- If you are outside the library -
- Access the data from the DCRB
- Files are self-extracting zip files.
- Single click on the desired file
and save to the folder you have created on your computer workstation.
- Note - you need ArcView software
to use these files. If you are using another GIS product consult
the Library GIS staff for assistance.
- If you are in the Library -
- Access the data from the GIS workstations
located outside the DRC (located on the lower level of McLaughlin
Library). These workstations have ESRI ArcView 3.1 software installed.
- Link to files: Files are self-extracting
zip files. Single click on the desired file and save to the folder
you have created in your personal workspace on the Z drive. [...more
about Z drive]
- After all required zipped files are
downloaded, navigate to the folder and extract the files by double
Save to this same folder.
Step 2: Using the Data in ArcView
- Open ArcView and add selected themes.
(Click the Add Theme button
, the + button located beneath "Edit".)
- Continue adding desired themes.
- Use ArcView to create a map with only
the features you want. Once this is complete create a layout.
Road Map of Ontario Online - all maps are in PDF format.
( Free Adobe Acrobat Reader plug-in available on line.)